Home | About Us | Contact Us | Contribute

Muggles The Gathering

Probably Not What We are Expecting  

RSS

Jeremy
New Member Admin
15/10/2016 10:09 pm  

From what I have read so far, Fantastic Beast may not be exactly what we are expecting. If you jump on Amazon there are t-shirts that say Save America From Witches, and other merchandise. I do like the idea of JK Rowling writing about New York and the American Wizarding World, it seems she's giving us something that we have been missing. But can she really capture the American style? Or is she getting a little help from friends to get it down. And five films? Wow! Wonder if any of it will revolve around Dumbledore and Grindelwald, or will we just catch glimpses?  

So ready to see this film, but so nervous that it may not be what we have come to expect from the Wizarding World. After all, Cursed Child wasn't. 

ReplyQuote
Nik
 Nik
New Member Admin
19/10/2016 10:23 pm  

I agree. This may not be the movie we are all expecting. Based on the rumors, the news and all that jazz, it seems that this will be unlike the Harry Potter movies, which is good. This needs to be a franchise all its own. But, I don't think it will be what people are expecting.

For one, we are venturing across the pond to new territory, or for some. It appears that the No Maj do or will have some idea that there is magic, with the "Keep America Safe From Witches' t-shirts. But we have to remember, this era is not that far from where many immigrants from other countries traveled to America and brought their cultures, customs, and superstitions with them, especially in New York. So it is not that far fetched that the awareness level may be heightened in this film.

Also, there are hints of news and happenings across the pond with Grindelwald either gaining power, or at full force and Dumbledore being reluctant to get in the fray. So there will be a lot going on in the background story as well which may play into upcoming films. 

I love the idea of the American setting, but I think many people will be expecting a Hogwartian feel to the film. We have to remember, there are more elements to the Wizarding World than just Hogwarts, the Leaky Cauldron, Diagon Alley, and the Ministry of Magic. It is afterall, a Wizarding World. 

ReplyQuote
Jeremy
New Member Admin
12/11/2016 9:58 pm  

Gonna try and go see it the next Monday. Gotta work the release day weekend. 🙁 

ReplyQuote
Nik
 Nik
New Member Admin
01/12/2016 11:29 pm  

Was way way better than expected. Loved it from the start! They did an amazing job. Can't wait for it come out on Blu-Ray! 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Read our Terms & Conditions of participating in Muggles the Gathering Community Here.